We are a church family that seeks to honour the Lord Jesus Christ in all that we do and to help people to find, and to grow in, faith in Him. God’s living Word, the Bible, and prayer are at the heart of our church life.
Brannockstown Baptist Church is a member of the Association of Baptist Churches in Ireland, a partnership first formed in 1895 and currently comprised of around 120 independent local churches in Ireland.
Here are the details of our Basis of Faith:
- The verbal inspiration and total inerrancy of the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as originally given by God;
- their sole-sufficiency and final authority in all matters of faith and practice.
- One God in three persons, the Holy Trinity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, co-equal, co-eternal, sovereign and active in creation, providence and redemption.
The Lord Jesus Christ
- The essential deity and perfect humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ, the only mediator between God and men;
- His virgin birth, sinless life and sacrificial death on the cross as the only substitute for sinners;
- His burial, bodily resurrection and ascension to heaven;
- His high priestly ministry and personal return.
The Holy Spirit
- The work of the Holy Spirit in regenerating the sinner and indwelling, sanctifying and empowering the believer.
- The personality of the devil;
- his evil activity and final doom.
- The creation of humanity, male and female, in the image of God, equal in value and complementary in role;
- the creation ordinance of marriage as the lifelong union of one man and one woman;
- the entrance of sin through Adam’s disobedience;
- the fallen and totally depraved state of all humanity;
- their subjection to God’s wrath and condemnation;
- their responsibility to repent and believe the Gospel.
- The justification of the sinner by God’s grace alone, through faith alone in the Lord Jesus Christ alone;
- the eternal security of the believer.
- The Church, the body of Christ, made up of those drawn from every tribe, language, people and nation throughout history who are added to it by the work of the Holy Spirit and the exercise of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ;
- the scriptural expression of the Church in the world as the local company of baptised believers gathered under the headship of Christ for worship, fellowship, instruction and evangelism, together with all who adhere to the Scriptures and are faithful to the gospel of salvation by grace alone;
- the ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s supper: baptism being the immersion of believers on profession of their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and a symbol of their identification with Him in His death, burial and resurrection;
- the Lord’s supper being a remembrance of Christ until He comes and a renewal of commitment to Him;
- the offices of Elder and Deacon;
- the gifts of evangelist and pastor-teacher;
- the priesthood of all believers and their unity in the Body of Christ;
- the separation of Church and State.
The Future State
- The unconditional immortality of the soul;
- the resurrection of the body;
- the eternal joy in heaven of the believer;
- the conscious eternal punishment in hell of those who die impenitent.
- The responsibility of all believers to obey and serve the Lord and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives;
- the duty of each local Church to exercise godly discipline in a loving and caring fashion.